Guidance on the safe use, handling, storage and disposal of Lithium batteries
Lithium batteries can explode Do not use iPhone, Blackberry or any other wall plug adapter to charge you Ego Battery. If you do not use our USB chargers and Wall plug adapters there is no warranty on your battery.
Never charge a battery on or near any material that may catch fire such as carpets or curtains and never expose a lithium battery to moisture, water or alcohol. .
It is strongly recommended that before charging and/or using a Lithium battery, you should read and follow this guidance. Failure to do so may result in a fire, leading potentially to personal injury and damage.
1. General safety instructions and warnings
1.1. When charging, only use a battery charger designed for charging Lithium Batteries. Failure to do so may a cause fire.
1.2. Never charge batteries unattended. When charging Lithium batteries you should always observe and monitor the charging process so that you can react to potential problems that may occur. If your battery ever shows signs of getting hot, remove it to a safe place outside.If you ever drop your battery on a hard surface it could damage it and cause a short circuit. Check the Battery regularly and if it shows signs of getting hot remove it to a safe place.
1.3. Some Lithium chargers on the market may have technical deficiencies that may cause the Lithium batteries to be charged incorrectly or at an improper rate. It is the users responsibility to ensure that the charger works properly and is PAT tested. Always monitor the charging process to ensure batteries are being charged properly. Failure to do so may result in fire.
Our Ego Batteries require a maximum 500mah wall charger and/or a maximum 500mah USB Charger.
1.4. If at any time you witness a battery starting to balloon or swell up, discontinue the charging process immediately, disconnect the battery, remove it to a safe area and leave it, preferably under observation, for approximately 15 minutes. This swelling may cause the battery to leak, and the reaction with air may cause the chemicals to ignite, resulting in a fire.
1.5. Since delayed chemical reaction can occur, it is best to continue to observe the battery as a precaution. This should only be undertaken in a safe area outside of any building or vehicle and away from any combustible material.
1.6. Wire lead shorts can cause fires. If you accidentally short the wires, the battery must be placed in a safe area for observation for approximately 15 minutes. Additionally, if a short occurs and contact is made with metal (such as a ring on a finger), severe injuries may occur due to the conductibility of electric current.